Product Support and Services Questions
I can’t find the tests scored by the Boost Your Score software. Where are they?
We truly apologize for any confusion. As noted in our Amazon product description, our software scores and provides resources based on student performance on the free official ACT found on the ACT website (the link is in the software) as well as the 5 official ACTs in The Real ACT Prep Guide published by the ACT company (any version – all the tests are the same). While we wish we could include the three tests in the Real Prep Guide, we are limited by copyright restrictions.
We have found that the vast majority of students preparing for the ACT buy The Real ACT Prep Guide (or borrow it from the library) since it is the only source of official practice tests available. Once students have the tests, however, they have trouble figuring out where to start their preparation. We therefore created software to analyze student performance on those real tests in the Real ACT Prep Guide (as well as the free official ACT found on the ACT website) to pinpoint students’ exact strengths and weaknesses. The Real ACT Prep Guide also does not have a lot of practice material; our software includes additional resources to boost student skills.
We have tried our best to clearly describe the software in our product description. However, if you feel that our product description was unclear and you don’t plan on acquiring The Real ACT Prep Guide, please let us know and we are happy to offer you a refund.
All the best and good luck!!
Adobe Air file is damaged or corrupted?
1. Temporarily disable your real-time virus protector. Some anti-virus programs (such as McAfee) mistake Adobe Air apps like ours for viruses and corrupt the installer file. Temporarily disabling the real-time scanning should allow the app to be installed correctly. After installation is complete, you can re-enable the virus protection. Here are some links with instructions to some common anti-virus programs: McAfee, Norton, Avast.
2. Second, try uninstalling Adobe Air and reinstalling (http://get.adobe.com/air/)
3. If that doesn’t work your computer might not be associating the installer file with Adobe Air for some reason. You will need to install the “Boost Your Score!.air” file by right clicking and open with Adobe Air. See screen shots here:
Click choose default program. If Adobe Air is not in the list you can find the installer here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0
A similar process is followed if you have a Mac.
1. In Finder or from your Desktop, right click or CTRL+Click on the extracted sam-full.air.
2. Click Get Info. The info box will appear
3. The fourth section down from General is the Open With… section. Click the down arrow on the field in this section and either choose an application or select Other to browse for Adobe Air->Versions->1.0->Adobe AIR Application Installer.
4. When you have selected Adobe AIR Application Installer close the Info box and this will just make the selected file open with your chosen application or you can click the Change All… button.
5. If you click the Change All.. button you will then be asked for confirmation that you want all similar documents to open with your chosen application. Click Continue if this is what you want.
6. Close the Info box and you’re done!
The links aren’t working within the app?
This is a long standing issue with Adobe Air. Tweedeck has a great tutorial on how to fix the problem. Click here to see it.
I recently updated the app. Where did the 2011-2012 free practice go?
Is your current software compatible with MAC?
See version history tab on this support page. Software purchased after September 1, 2011 is compatible with Mac OSX. We use the adobe air runtime–see system requirements here.
Can I get a free upgrade to a more recent version of your software?
Yes! Please email us through our website and we would be happy to email you the latest version of our software free of charge. Make sure to include your serial code in the email.
How do I know which version of the software I have?
Does your Boost Your Score software work with Windows 7?
See version history tab on this support page. The software is compatible with Windows 7. We use the adobe air runtime–see system requirements here.