Imagine preparing for the SAT with a personal tutor and a few close friends with similar testing needs. We have had overwhelming success with our small group tutoring program and often find that students have so much fun, they don’t even realize they’re learning! If you’re looking for a less expensive test prep option or want the structure of a course combined with the flexibility of a private tutor, small group tutoring is perfect for you. Generally, students enroll with friends with similar schedules and testing needs. We can also pair you with other students with similar schedules and skill levels.
Small group tutoring is kept to 3 or 4 students. Groups meet in a convenient location for all—often a student’s home, library, or our space in University Heights. This comprehensive program takes 20 hours to complete and covers all skills and strategies needed for the SAT. (Please note that we can also create a longer or shorter course for you).
In 2014-15, any student who signs up 2 friends for a small group tutoring course gets a 10% discount (a $80 value)!
Our comprehensive SAT small group tutoring course contains the following materials:
- 20 hours of test prep with one of Advantage Point’s highly qualified instructors
- Optional initial in-home meeting with instructor, parents, and student (parents–a great opportunity to get your SAT/ACT questions answered!)
- Personalized study plan
- Unlimited e-mail and phone access to your instructor
- SAT Writing workbook: Complete preparation for the new SAT writing section. This book includes effective techniques and strategies for every type of question in the multiple-choice section as well as a comprehensive writing clinic.
- SAT Math workbook: Includes hundreds of practice questions on every SAT math topic, all with complete explanations. Also includes an overview of the top math concepts you need to know for the SAT and many effective “back door” techniques and strategies.
- SAT Critical Reading Workbook: Contains hundreds of practice questions covering every category of the SAT Critical Reading Section plus a chapter on SAT Vocabulary with a comprehensive word list. Also describes critical reading techniques and strategies
- 10 real SATs, complete with comprehensive answers and explanations. Students also receive an in-depth analysis of strengths and weaknesses after each test.
SAT small group tutoring packages also include unlimited access to the Advantage Point test prep resource center, which contains over 25 supplemental materials. Want to take a pile of SAT vocab flashcards on vacation? Dying to read the latest vocabulary-building SAT mystery novel? Want even more real tests to practice with? Check out our resource room for all of this and more. Materials can be checked out for up to four weeks.
Small group tutoring prices
3-4 students $800/each ($40/hr for 20 teaching hours) + 4 testing sessions
We can design a longer or shorter course to meet your needs!