We know high school students have very busy schedules. Advantage Point tutors work around your schedule, meeting you at the time and place most efficient for you. SAT private tutoring gives students the opportunity to receive truly personalized instruction from one of our highly qualified instructors. Our tutors have at least five years of test prep experience (often at big name companies like Kaplan, Princeton Review, or Huntington). All instructors have scored in the 99th percentile or above on the SAT.
Because tutoring is the most efficient way to assess your individual test-related needs, Advantage Point private tutoring offers students the best chance to identify their SAT strengths and weaknesses. We can design a personalized course specifically geared toward improving a student’s skills. Alternatively, students can opt for our all-inclusive course, which covers all skill areas covered on the SAT.
Here’s how our program usually works:
Students first take our free SAT diagnostic test (an official, previously administered test). We process their results through our sophisticated Boost Your Score! software that to obtain comprehensive feedback about strengths and weaknesses. We also offer a free 1-hr initial consultation with parents and students. We bring the diagnostic report, answer any questions you have, go over our curriculum, and hopefully dazzle you with our charm.
Based on student performance, we will recommend a particular tutor package for you, but we will never put you on the spot to make any commitments. (Devorah’s note: As a mom of 4, I know how expensive kids’ services can be. You have my word that we will never recommend more prep than your child needs and we will work with you based on what you can afford.)
Based on the free real SAT diagnostic test and initial consultation, your tutor can design a lesson plan based on your specific needs. Our SAT tutoring program includes:
- Optional initial in-home meeting with instructor, parents, and student (parents–a great opportunity to get your SAT/ACT questions answered!)
- Personalized study plan
- Unlimited e-mail and phone access to your instructor
- SAT Writing workbook: Complete preparation for the new SAT writing section. This book includes effective techniques and strategies for every type of question in the multiple-choice section as well as a comprehensive writing clinic.
- SAT Math workbook: Includes hundreds of practice questions on every SAT math topic, all with complete explanations. Also includes an overview of the top math concepts you need to know for the SAT and many effective “back door” techniques and strategies.
- SAT Critical Reading Workbook: Contains hundreds of practice questions covering every category of the SAT Critical Reading Section plus a chapter on SAT Vocabulary with a comprehensive word list. Also describes critical reading techniques and strategies.
- 10 real SAT tests, each with in-depth answers and explanations. Students will also receive a comprehensive analysis of their strengths and weaknesses after each test.
SAT private tutoring packages also include unlimited access to the Advantage Point test prep resource center, which contains over 25 supplemental materials. Want to take a pile of SAT vocab flashcards on vacation? Dying to read the latest vocabulary-building SAT mystery novel? Want even more real tests to practice with? Check out our resource room for all of this and more. Materials can be checked out for up to four weeks.
Call us at 216-393-7ACT (7228) to find out more about private tutoring.
Private Tutoring Rates:
Pay as you go $85/hr
5 hour package $375 ($75/hr)
10 hour package $700 ($70/hr)
15 hour package $1005 ($67/hr)
20 hour package $1300 ($65/hr)
25 hour package $1500 ($60/hr)