Imagine preparing for the ACT with a personal tutor and a few close friends with similar testing needs. We have had overwhelming success with our small group tutoring program and often find that students have so much fun, they don’t even realize they’re learning! If you’re looking for a less expensive test prep option or want the structure of a course combined with the flexibility of a private tutor, small group tutoring is perfect for you. Generally, students enroll with friends with similar schedules and testing needs. We can also pair you with other students with similar schedules and skill levels.
Small group tutoring is kept to 3 or 4 students. Groups meet in a convenient location for all—often a student’s home, library, or our classroom space in University Heights. This comprehensive program takes 20 hours to complete and covers all skills and strategies needed for the ACT. (Please note that we can also design a longer or shorter course.)
In 2014-15, any student who signs up 2 friends for a small group tutoring course gets a 10% discount (a $70 value)!
Our ACT small group tutoring program includes:
- Initial Q & A Session with each set of parents and students (optional)
- 20 hours of small group tutoring instruction
- Free initial ACT test with a comprehensive analysis of your strengths and weaknesses.
- A personalized study plan based on your ACT test results
- Advantage Point’s Boost Your Score ACT software (An Amazon.com bestseller!)
- Advantage Point’s Boost Your Score: Underground Calculator Programs for the ACT (another Amazon.com hit!)
- Unlimited phone and e-mail access to your instructor
- The Real ACT Prep Guide – 5 official ACTs, each with in-depth answers and explanations. Students will receive a comprehensive analysis of their strengths and weaknesses after each test.
- 2 more official ACTs for extra practice
- ACT strategy packet covering powerful strategies for all sections of the ACT
- ACT practice packet with review and practice for all sections of the ACT
- Additional ACT prep materials based on student-specific needs
ACT small group tutoring packages also include unlimited access to the Advantage Point test prep resource center, which contains over 25 supplemental materials. Want to take a pile of ACT vocab flashcards on vacation? Dying to read the latest vocabulary-building ACT mystery novel? Want even more real tests to practice with? Check out our resource room for all of this and more. Materials can be checked out for up to four weeks.
Small group tutoring prices
3-4 students $700/each ($35/hr for 20 teaching hours)
Please note that we can also design a longer or shorter course.